Sometimes I think we care too much about name brands. Yes, some of the reason that Samsung, Apple and others have made huge names for themselves is that they make quality products. But there is also marketing, on a grand scale and with millions spent on convincing you that their products are “better.”
That’s why we love to look around at lesser known makers and their products. And often we find that what they do, and most importantly how well they do it, overachieves.
The TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp with Touch Sensitive Controller at Amazon is a great example of this. After more than 2,000 reviews, it receives an average score of 4.8 out of 5 possible stars. As hard as we looked, we couldn’t find a similar lamp anywhere with such positive ratings from users.
At just $19.99 (subject to change at any time) it certainly looks like an absolute bargain to us. Shipping is free (as almost always) when you spend at least $25 or simply log into your Prime Account.
A few useful features:
- 3 different levels of brightness can be chosen via a simple touch.
- A 1 hour timer makes sure you don’t leave the light on.
- The arm adjusting so you can point the light where you want it.
- The modern design includes an aluminum pole and small head.
- LEDs make the lighting soft and without glare for eye comfort.
The newer model TaoTronics TT-DL18 with 4 light modes and a brighter light is also worth checking out for just $34.99 (subject to change) shipped.