One thing we love to see is manufacturers combining features used by the more expensive brands into affordable yet versatile personal computers. Asus has been one of the brands at the forefront of this campaign is Asus, a company that’s making great PCs (laptops in particular) with their Zenbook and Vivobook product lines.
This particular model, the ASUS VivoBook F510UA Laptop is faster, and generally better equipped than other recent models in it’s class. Even the screen, measured at 14.2″ is actually more like 15″ thanks to a technological innovation.
At the moment, Amazon is offering the F510UA for just $499.00 with free shipping. Considering what you get, we thought it was worth a look.
- Thanks to a NanoEdge display with a 0.3″ bezel 80% of the entire size is actually visible. That means you really get 15.6″ of real estate for your viewing pleasure. The wideview set up provides 1080p resolution and beautiful visuals in any of it’s four viewing modes, all accessible in your choice of four viewing modes.
- The F510UA is plenty swift for most uses, employing an 8th generation (Kaby Lake R) i5-8250U processor that achieves speeds of up to 3.4GHz when Turbo Boost employs.
- 8GB of DDR4 RAM keeps you speeding along, while the 1TB Hard Disk Drive offers plenty of space.
- Connections include an HDMI port, USB 3.1, 3.0 and 2.0, and a regular SD slot.
- It’s a lightweight laptop, at least physically. That’s because it’s profile is just 0.8″. At 3.7 pounds, you’ll happily take it everywhere you go.
- Additional features include 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity, fingerprint sensor, and a chiclet keyboard.