11/11 Update: This one’s down to $329.99 at the moment and shipping, and it’s getting 4.6 out of 5 star reviews! Highly recommended.
*Update 10/2 – Hasn’t released yet but the price below is still available.*
Yes, a release date would be nice. But when it comes to Pre-order PC deals, that just isn’t the Amazon way. They’ll stick a very low price on a machine that isn’t yet on the market and ship it at a later, unspecified date. In our experience, these typically ship rather quickly.
While it lasts, Amazon has a new iteration of the Acer E 15 laptop at a great price. The Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM comes with some very generous specs, and is easy to upgrade where it might fall short for your personal needs. For just
$349.99 with free shipping, there’s a lot to like.
– Full HD is an excellent value at this price, and you get LED backlighting on a 15.6″ widescreen 1080p display that employs their ComfyView design (it just means a “matte” finish display in regular every day speak) that reduces glare, ergo eye fatigue.
– The latest, greatest “Kabylake” processor is on board this laptop. This is the first we’ve seen of it on a laptop, and are excited about the possibilities of exploring Intel’s claim of as much as 15% more speed with this 7th generation, i3-7100U brain on the E5-575-33BM.
– Though 4GB of DDR4 memory comes standard, the E5-575-33BM can easily take up to 32GB of RAM for those who really want to fly around the web.
– For storage, you’ll get a full terabyte of space (minus the operating system, of course) to keep your games, movies and other files safe and handy.
– We’re happy to see a disc drive as some of us still employ DVDs in our work and play. An 8X, double layer super multi drive will come in handy if you’re like us.
– USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, and a single HDMI port (with HDCP) are all available for easy and convenient connectivity.
– This version of the E 15 offers as much as 12 hours of battery life with regular use.
– Our favorite operating system from Microsoft is pre-installed. Windows 10 is easy to use and in our experience, practically fuss-free.